Tuesday 25 February 2014

R.I.P. Harold Ramis


Writer, director, and actor Harold Ramis passed away yesterday at the age of 69.


Ramis was never a movie "star" preferring to work either behind the camera, or as a supporting player, like his most famous role of Dr. Egon Spengler in the 1984 classic Ghostbusters.

If you spent any time of your life in the 1980s Ramis had revolutionized comedy. He crafted stories of underdogs trying to make their way in the world, battling forces seeking to keep them down, usually with hilarious results. 

My earliest memories of Ramis is not from his movies, but from seeing him on episodes of SCTV out of Toronto, and I think it would be a nice tribute to show some of his more famous bits from the show to remember him by.

Enjoy.

This one might be thought of as tacky, but I think he would like it:


This one was my personal favourite:


No comments:

Post a Comment