Monday 10 November 2008

Talk Among Yourselves: How Fast?

Warner Bros. is as happy as a pig in its own feces with reports that The Dark Knight is well on its way to topping the $1 billion mark in total box-office.

Now my question for you, my loyal and fragrant readers, is: How much time will pass between Warner Bros. last brag about the film hitting $1,000,000,000, and the moment they declare that film lost money and made no profits they have to share with anyone?

My prediction is that the upper management of Warner Bros. will achieve speeds faster than the speed of light to make that announcement, accidentally casting the Chief Financial Officer backwards in time to the reign of the dinosaurs.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Good God! You made my Day with this one, really! :-)

    I'm waiting with the highest impatience your analysis about Quantum of Solace's B.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if they try not paying Heath Ledger's estate, under the pretense that his cut doesn't count because he's dead.

    I bet they'll lose millions on the video release, too. Great excuse for not releasing Warner catalog titles:

    "Sorry folks. We'll never put Brewster McCloud on DVD or Blu-Ray because The Dark Night lost so much money."

    Am I jaded or what?

    ReplyDelete